Apexindo specializes in the provision of oil, gas, and geothermal drilling services, and has a vision “A world-class drilling contractor offering quality without compromise”. A key platform in meeting this vision is to provide industry-leading levels of service and we will operate Apexindo Integrated Management System (AIMS) in accordance with the current ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standard management system.
Apexindo is committed to achieving Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental excellence. This is a responsibility of management and employees in all functions. Apexindo will strive to provide a safe and healthy working environment and to avoid adverse impact to the environment and prevent pollution in which we do business.
Therefore, it is the policy of the company to:
- Demonstrate visible and active leadership that engages employees and sub-contractors and manage QSHE as a line responsibility with clear authorities and accountabilities
- Ensure that all employees and sub-contractors understand that working safely is a condition of employment, and that they are each responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements and other requirements relating to quality, safety, health and environment matters to which it subscribes
- Meet or exceed customer expectations while adhering to and continually improving our Integrated Management System
- Set objectives, measure results, review and continually improve processes, services quality, through the use of an effective management system
- Establish, and maintain partnership with our sub-contractors or vendors and will continually develop the partnerships to provide an improved service
- Support Stop Work Authority (SWA) to interrupt unsafe acts and conditions, and acts and conditions that will lead to environment pollution. We are committed to promptly resolve issues resulting from an employee raised SWA
Fall Protection Policy
PT Apexindo Pratama Duta Tbk is committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and preventing occupational injuries due to falls. Fall Protection is an integral part of our commitment to a safe work environment. Any time a worker is exposed to a fall hazard there will be a procedure and equipment to reduce and/or eliminate the hazard of working at height.
Fall Protection Shall be achieved through a hierarchy of controls that will involve all levels of management, supervisory and rig/yard personnel.
Employees shall be expected to assess the risks associated with a task and ensure that proper mitigation is in place to protect them while climbing and working at heights. Where an employee is unsure of the methods, equipment or procedures to reduce the risk they are to stop the job and to seek direction from their supervisor.
The application of this policy shall be outlined within the fall protection procedure and shall be the responsibility of every worker within the company. This policy is supported by the highest levels of management and shall be enforced without exception. It is the intention of PT Apexindo Pratama Duta Tbk to reduce and ultimately eliminate any injuries resulting from working at height.
It is the duty of all personnel employed by PT Apexindo Pratama Duta Tbk to report their supervisor, manager, HSE representative, or member of the HSE committee as soon as possible, any hazardous conditions, injury, accident, or illness related to the workplace. In addition, employees must protect their health and safety by complying with applicable Regulations and to follow policies, procedures, rules, instructions as prescribed by PT Apexindo Pratama Duta Tbk.
Customer Satisfaction Survey Index
Customer satisfaction is one aspect that needs to be measured in order to understand customer’s requirements. Obtaining satisfaction index is also required by one of the certifications held by Apexindo, ISO 9001:2008 in Quality Management System. Through this clear basis, Apexindo then conducts a yearly survey to obtain an idea of how clients experience satisfaction in its services. Discovering customer satisfaction is also one of the important points in QSHE Objectives and Target. Apexindo always try to sustain and improve its services by setting score 4 as the minimum index out of score 6 in measuring overall performance. Over the years, result of this survey is aimed and used to stimulate progressive improvement in terms of work practices and processes, supporting our commitment to excellent services.
At Apexindo, we undertake working process enhancement and become the leading edge in implementing Safety, Health, and Environment. Some of the initiatives that we take are as follow:
- a. Management visit - The Board of Management periodically visits our offshore and onshore rigs. During the visit, the Management will have a discussion with all field crew to convey SHE matters as well as work operations.
- b. Fingers and Hands Injury Prevention - 1) High Impact Gloves Fingers and hand injury is possible to occur due to the activity performed by rig. This condition prompts us to provide proper personal protection equipment that supports the activity of our field crew. The provision of high impact gloves is one of our commitments to create a safe work environment.
- 2) Hand-off Policy Minimizing hand contact with material that creates pinch point by using tools is one of the initiatives to reduce fingers and hands injury in all areas of operation of Apexindo.
- c. Campaign Poster - Knowledge enhancement in regards to SHE aspects could increase safe behavior awareness among crew during undergoing the work. We put the informative, brief, and attractive SHE posters in all work area of our rigs.
- d. SHE Recognition Program - This program attempts to increase active participation from all personnel of Apexindo in creating SHE culture in work environment. Every month we will reward the personnel who give excellent input through SHE Observation Card (HOC). Moreover, once every six months, we provide safety bonus to any of crew team who manage to create Zero Lost Time Injury (LTI) work environment.
- e. Health Risk Assessment (HRA) - Not just about creating a safe work environment, we also concern to create a healthy environment. Through the Health Risk Assessment (HRA), we sought to identify and recognize any health hazards that exist and may arise throughout the operational activities and our work environment. We realize that health of personnel is of prime importance to creating a productive performance.
- f. Training - Education and training is one of our important elements in SHE management system. Every personnel has to obtain sufficient SHE education and training in order to increase awareness and knowledge hence to create safe working culture. The Fundamental Apexindo Safety Training (FAST) is a program to enhance knowledge of our personnel towards SHE aspect.
- g. Audit - To ensure all element of management system of SHE goes well and continuous improvement process is achieved, we periodically undertake an audit (internal, external, and third party) in entire line existing in our company, both head office and all rig operational area.